Breakfast Charcuterie Board
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- Brace’s Gwynny Bloomer
- Eggs (2)
- Sausage (4)
- Bacon (4)
- Maris Piper Potatoes
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Garlic Granules
- Dried Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Gather all your ingredients for the charcuterie board and prep ready for cooking.
- As these take the longest time to cook, we will start with Parmentier potatoes. Firstly, grab 4 large Maris Piper potatoes and cut into 2cm cubes and put into a large pan. Boil over high heat. Once boiled for a few minutes, immediately drain, and leave to steam-dry for a couple more minutes. Heat the oven to 220 °C/200 °C fan/gas 7. Tip the potatoes onto a large baking tray, season well by mixing garlic granules, rosemary, and oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes, turn halfway through, until the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, place the vine of tomatoes onto a baking tray. Season with oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 220 °C/200 °C fan/gas 7 for 20 minutes. Once cooked, cover in foil until later.
- Now that the baking has started, we can turn our attention onto frying! Start by cooking 4 sausages on a medium heat for 12 minutes in a frying pan, turn frequently (make sure the sausages are thoroughly cooked). Once cooked, cover in foil until later.
- Once the sausages are cooked, we turn our attention to the bacon. This can be cooked to your preference, but we advise that you heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan until hot, add 4 pieces of bacon and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Once cooked, cover in foil until later.
- Next, we heat a knob of butter into the frying pan. Fry 4 cups of mushrooms on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, cover in foil until later.
- Next step, grab a reasonable size portion of spinach (don’t panic, it shrinks!), place into the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat. Once cooked, add to board.
- Once you’ve added your spinach, fry another knob of butter on medium-high heat, once hot, grab 4 large free-range eggs and crack straight into the frying pan, whisk and slowly add a dash of semi skimmed milk and carry-on whisking. Reduce to low/ medium heat and cook for 9 minutes. Once cooked, add to board.